Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Simply Saturday: Favorite workouts for when you just don't feel like it!

On this crazy journey to lose weight I have found definite go to workouts that keep me motivated. Sometimes I just don't feel like working out, even when I know I will be proud and feel great afterward, getting going can be difficult! On those days I usually choose one of the workouts listed below because I know once I get started I will be happy I did!

Here's my list of 4 favorite workouts:

1) 20min Turbo Jam or 40min Cardio Party Mix 1- I love these workouts because they are extremely upbeat and they fly by. I know by the end that I have worked hard because each and every time I end up sweating like crazy! After the 20min workout I almost always add in another 20min of weight lifting and even if I don't I still feel like I accomplished something for the day :) It also helps if I've had a busy day and can't find 60min for a workout.






2) Run/Walk- I have dogs and I know that they need and love exercise so I feel horrible if I don't take them out daily for a quick run or fetch session. The days that I just play fetch I feel lazy because I know my dogs and I can both get our exercise if we go for a run so lately I've been convincing myself to just get out there and do it! I tell myself to just get out there for 20min and run/walk as needed and once I get out there I find that I always go at least 30-60min instead. I'm not the best runner yet so I alternate between 3/4-1mile jog/running followed by 1/4mile walk and then I repeat. I like to use Run Keeper as an app to track my progress.


3) The 400, 300, 200, 100 workout. This workout is exhaustive but I love it because I know I have accomplished something big afterward and I get to watch TV while doing it! I've looked up each of the exercises completed in this workout and the average person who completes this workout will burn about 1,000 calories! That's a huge amount for me! Anyway, here are the exercises:

400-Jumping Jacks
300- Crunches
200-Squats
100- Push Ups

Break those numbers up into 6 or 7 different sets and you got yourself a killer workout!



4) Frisbee Golf- If you've never been Frisbee golfing before, look it up and get out there and go! Not only is it free but it makes for great exercise!  My last adventure ended up totaling a 6mile hike and over 1,000calories burned and I didn't even really notice because I was busy playing the game!


What are some of your favorite workouts?

Have a happy healthy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment